Van Note-Harvey Associates, Inc. celebrates 125 Years of professional consulting services
Local consulting firm, Van Note-Harvey Associates, Inc., is celebrating its 125-year anniversary in 2019. The firm enjoys a long history of providing professional engineering, environmental and surveying services to the regions surrounding its Princeton and Cape May Court House offices, assisting in engineering design and development for several municipalities and countless public and private clients. The firm traces its origins back to Charles Silas Sincerbeaux, a Princeton University graduate who opened his engineering and land surveying practice in Princeton in 1894. In early 1900, Sincerbeaux added partner G. Roland Moore and undertook the firm's first survey work for Princeton University in 1903. The University remains a client today, along with numerous other academic, institutional, and corporate clients, architects, and other design professionals. In July of 1960, partners Edward B. Van Note and William Harvey incorporated and changed the firm name to Van Note-Harvey Associates, Inc. Since that modest beginning, the firm has been in continuous operation through several ownership transitions and name changes. Through the progression of environmental law and technological advances, complementary disciplines such as wastewater design, environmental compliance, construction phase management, and 3D laser scanning were integrated into the firm’s core services, progressing into a true, comprehensive engineering consulting service.