NEW YORK, NY — MJ Orbach Associates and The Kaufman Organization have signed 21,000 s/f of leases at 27 West 24th St. (27W24), a destination office building in the heart of Midtown South. The 10 transactions, ranging from new leases and renewals, showcase the 11-story, side-St. building’s appeal as the ideal location for small-to-mid-sized companies to thrive in.
“We are dedicated to providing our family of tenants and prospective tenants with office space solutions that support their growing ventures,” said Ian Norris, associate at Kaufman. “27 West 24 is the quintessential Flatiron loft office building delivering versatile space options and catering to numerous industries – from financial services start-ups to mid-sized new media firms looking for space in a creative community.”
Kaufman’s Ian Norris and Aron Orbach represented the landlord, West 24-27 Realty, LLC c/o MJ Orbach Associates, in each transaction. Asking rents were in the mid-to-high-$60’s-per-square-foot. Tenants that signed include:
• Stash Inc., a digital investment advisor, on a mission to make investing accessible to everyone by making it easy to start investing with as little as $5, signed a four-year, approximately 3,300 s/f lease for the company’s new headquarters. Jonathan Franzel of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank represented the tenant.
• Indochine International, Kendall and Kylie Jenner’s clothing line, KENDALL + KYLIE, signed a five-year, two-month, approximately 2,600 s/f lease. The company will be using the space as its global corporate showroom. Matt Cohen of The Lansco Corporation represented the tenant.
• Digital Brand Architects, the first agency to manage digital influencers including bloggers, YouTube personalities, Instagrammers, Snapchatters, Pinners, etc. as talent and brands signed a six-year, approximately 2,300 s/f lease. Howard Rosenblum and Max Gladstone of Murray Hill Properties represented the tenant.
• Social Finance, Inc., a modern finance company that partners with members to offer great service and low rates for student loan refinancing, mortgages and personal loans, signed a five-year, approximately 2,100 s/f lease for the company’s New York City headquarters. Ben Fastenberg of CBRE represented the tenant.
• Siga International, a North American apparel distributor specializing in European Fashion, signed a five-year, approximately 2,100 s/f lease; the space will be used as a high-end showroom. Nicholas Dysenchuk of Cushman & Wakefield represented the tenant.
• MCS Advertising, LTD, a creative design, advertising and marketing agency, signed a five-year, approximately 2,100 s/f lease for its NYC office. Stephan Skorecky of Capital Real Estate Advisors represented the tenant.
• Vericred, Inc., a healthcare technology company focused on delivering a health insurance dataset to technology companies that are transforming the way health insurance is being sold and utilized, signed a three-year, approximately 2,100 s/f lease. Kaufman also represented the tenant.
• Moxie Communications Group, a full-service communications agency and brand consultant focusing on technology startups, signed a three-year, approximately 1,800 s/f lease. Greg Postyn of Walter & Samuels represented the tenant.
• Translate Media, an international media translation company, renewed their 1,300 s/f space for an additional three years. Kaufman also represented the tenant.
• THG USA signed a three-year, 1,300 s/f space. The space will serve as a luxury showroom for high-end kitchen appliances. Kaufman’s Jared Sternberg and Michael McCloskey represented the tenant.