PHILADELPHIA, PA — MSC Retail announced the forthcoming opening of Franklin’s Table Food Hall, a 10,000 s/f food hall with seven best in class Philadelphia food operators, situated on the main campus of the University of Pennsylvania. The food hall is located just off the corner of 34th and Walnut Streets in University City and is slated to open in mid-March 2018. In 2017, the Facilities and Real Estate Department of the University of Pennsylvania took steps to recapture and commence renovation of the former Moravian Food Court. This renovation was targeted in Penn’s retail master plan, written and executed by MSC Retail, Penn’s retail leasing agent. Penn engaged Eimer Design to create a one-of-a-kind environment designed to offer an inviting and exciting atmosphere for University City students, office workers and residents. The +/-170 seat food hall features seven kiosks and will be open seven days-per-week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The line-up of Philadelphia-based restauranteurs include:
• High Street Hospitality Group’s Ellen Yin, Eli Kulp, and Roberto Sella introduce High Street Provisions, a modified version of their Old City dayside cafe.
• Pitruco Pizza, a wood-fired pizza truck that circulates the city and serves pies out of Smokey Joe’s Cafe under the moniker Enjay’s Pizza, will open its first brick-and-mortar location.
• James Beard Award winning duo, Michael Solomonov and Steve Cook of CookNSolo, will bring falafels and tahini shakes to the food hall at their second Goldie location.
• KQ Burgers will offer a scaled-down version of Michael Pasquarello’s Fishtown butcher shop and restaurant, Kensington Quarters.
• Organic and vegan fresh juices and cafe fare to be provided by The Juice Merchant out of Manayunk and Narberth.
These retailers will join a host of new retailers and restaurants coming to the University of Pennsylvania, including Pret A Manger, Louie Louie, Bernie’s Restaurant and Bar, Just Salad, United by Blue’s expansion and ACME. “This new food hall will be one of the most exciting food destinations in Philadelphia,” said Jacob Cooper, managing director and partner of MSC Retail, who along with Matthew Stein, oversaw the procurement of the seven food hall vendors on behalf of the University of Pennsylvania. MSC Retail announced the opening of The Dapper Doughnut at the Plymouth Meeting Mall, 500 W. Germantown Pike, Plymouth Meeting. The Dapper Doughnut, a made fresh to order mini doughnut franchise, is operating a 120 s/f kiosk. The Dapper Doughnut celebrated their grand opening on Saturday, January 27, 2018. “The Dapper Doughnut Main Line is one of the first locations for the hot mini doughnut chain on the East Coast,” said Dana Zamparelli, retail guru at MSC Retail, who represented the tenant during the lease transaction. “The owners, Janet and Josh, chose Plymouth Meeting after seeing the energy at Legoland Discovery Center. In addition to serving donuts at their kiosk, they also cater events with a portable doughnut machine.”