HARRISBURG, PA — The Waterworks Pumping Station, located at 614 North Front St., has sold. The 144 year old building is located along the Harrisburg Riverfront and within walking distance of the Central downtown business district and the State Capitol complex.
Granma LLC purchased the 30,000 s/f building from Mann Realty Associations. Ryan Murray, of NAI CIR, handled the transaction.
Jacob D. Boas, mayor of Harrisburg, commissioned the Waterworks building in 1874 when the city’s population was approximately 23,000. The architect was Charles Howard Lloyd a renowned professional who designed the Zembo Mosque, William Penn High School, Harrisburg YMCA, Harrisburg Technical High School, and the Simon Cameron School.