Alvin H. Butz, Inc. receives award for Geisinger Medical Center New Medical Laboratories
Allentown, PA — Alvin H. Butz, Inc., as part of The Butz Family of companies, received the 2016 Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) Mid-Atlantic Chapter Project of the Year Award for its work in Private Sector Projects over $20 million. Butz was awarded the honor for the construction management of Geisinger Health System’s, Geisinger Medical Center – New Medical Laboratories in Danville, PA. The project was completed in April 2015 and is pending a LEED-certified rating.
“Despite multiple challenges and the technologically complex nature of this project, our team was able to successfully deliver the sophisticated Medical Laboratory building allowing Geisinger’s staff to more efficiently care for patients,” said Greg Butz, president and CEO of Alvin Butz, Inc. The four-story building plus mechanical penthouse included:
• 26 medical laboratories• Administration offices
• Mechanical penthouse
• New medical equipment
• Food Services
• High-density storage unitsThe CMAA annual awards program serves to recognize excellence in the construction management field. CMAA judges look for examples of the successful application of construction management principles and standards. This 2016 award marks the sixth consecutive year in which a Butz Family Company has won a CMAA award. Other projects that have won the award include:
• Allentown Neighborhood Improvement Zone Development Authority - PPL Center
• WellSpan York Hospital – Emergency Power System Improvement• Mount Nittany Medical Center – Lance and Ellen Cancer Pavilion
• Philadelphia Housing Authority – Norris Apartments Revitalization
• Penn State University – Gaige Technology and Business Innovation Building
• Muhlenberg College – Seegers Union Addition and Renovations
• Geisinger Health System – Gray’s Woods Ambulatory Care Campus Phase I An awards dinner was held on June 7, 2016 at The Adventure Aquarium in Camden, New Jersey in recognition of this year’s CMAA award winners.