Installation and Dinner Meeting: Another Informative Success
Southern New Jersey Chapter of the Appraisal Institute
On Tuesday, December 6th, the Southern New Jersey Chapter of the Appraisal Institute hosted its installation dinner at Terra Nova in Sewell. Many members and guests attended as the 2023 slate of officers and directors (shown) were installed including Chapter President Robert Klein, MAI, AI-GRS.
The group also welcomed 2023 Appraisal Institute President Craig Steinley, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS, AI-RRS, and 2023 President Elect Sandy Atomatis, SRA, AI-RRS.
The meeting was highlighted by the 2022 chapter accomplishments:
• In 2022, the chapter offered a total of 105 education hours. This included 2 courses and some new venues.
In 2023, there are already 26 CE hours scheduled in the half of the year, including an in-person offering of a new Residential Inconsistencies seminar with the seminar developer Rick Carlile.
• The chapter annually award Educational Scholarships, promoting the importance of quality education as well as in earning an Appraisal Institute designation. In 2022, we awarded $1500 in scholarship money. In addition, two of our members were awarded Gail Lubeck memorial scholarships from the Philadelphia Metro chapter this year.
• The chapter held the 16th Seminars at the Shore, taking our educational offerings to Atlantic City.
This year featured education by Vince Dowling.
• Maria Nucci, SRA, AI-RRS attended LDAC, and looks forward to returning in 2023.
• Joshua D. Garretson, MAI, AI-GRS, AI-RRS serves on the Appraisal Institute’s Board of Directors.
Josh also serves on the National Finance Committee
• In September, the chapter held a Joint Meeting with the Philadelphia Chapter at Top Golf, offering excellent education and networking. It was so successful that another joint event --- this time adding the Delaware Chapter --- is scheduled for March 28 at Bonesaw Brewery in Mullica Hill.
• The chapter was well represented at every regional meeting and conference call.
• The chapter has remained financially secure and have not raised our chapter dues in at least 19 years.
For more info and registration links, visit www.ai-snj.org
Business Practices and Ethics
Friday, February 3, 2023 6 CE hrs Zoom
Inconsistency: It's Hiding in Plain Sight in Your Residential Appraisal --- Non-lender examples — Next level analysis
Monday, April 3, 2023 7 CE hours
Rutgers Eco-Complex Conference Center, 1200 Florence-Columbus Road, Bordentown
(Includes light breakfast, lunch & snacks)
Presenter: Rick L. Carlile, MAI, SRA (seminar developer) NEW SEMINAR!!! Sometimes inconsistency in data, analysis, and reporting escapes even the most seasoned appraiser. This can have a major impact on the credibility of the value opinion in the appraisal report and on your credibility as an appraiser. This seminar focuses on significant inconsistencies that can affect categories like the definition of market value, market analysis and highest and best use, the three approaches, functional and external obsolescence, and reconciliation. Broad discussions about the entire appraisal process, topics you may not have given much thought about recently, will be lively, intense, and eye-opening. Every residential appraiser will find this seminar beneficial. If you are a residential appraiser who wants to expand your practice to non-lender work or you are already doing non-lender work, this seminar will take your analytical abilities to the next level!
REGISTER BEFORE MARCH 1 FOR A DISCOUNTED RATE!
7-Hour National USPAP Update
Friday, May 19, 2023 7 CE hrs Zoom
SAVE THE DATE! Joint Chapter Meeting/Seminar with the Philadelphia & Delaware Chapters! March 28, 2023
Bonesaw Brewing Company, 570 Mullica Hill Rd, Glassboro (www.bonesawbrewing.com) We will have a CE seminar in their new Lager Loft. This will include a presentation from their owner about how this state of the art brewery came to life in the heart of Gloucester County. Your registration fee includes CE, one drink ticket, and munchies!